Millennials (or Generation Y) are people born between the early 80’s and the early 2000’s. It’s important to understand this generation because they are the future. They are also the present. They wield a tremendous amount of power in our culture.
If you’re a minister of any sort (lay or vocational), it’s important to understand the people you are ministering to.
With that in mind, here are the stats:
1. 26% of Millennials say they are not affiliated with any religion
2. 44% of Millennials say that marriage is becoming obsolete
3. 46% of Millennials say theyve had vigorous exercise in the past 24 hours
4. Millennials send an average of 50 text messages per day
5. 43% of Millennials say that texting is just as meaningful as an actual conversation with someone over the phone
6. 41% of Millennials have made a purchase using their smartphone
7. 40% of Millennials still live at home
8. 28% of Millennials author a blog
9. 39% of Millennials have
10. 34% of Millennials say going online is their favorite thing to do