I know sports ministries have a lot of meetings. I also know that not a lot of volunteers show up to these meetings. I’ve never heard a sports minister say, “Our only problem is having too many volunteers showing up for our meetings…”
If you struggle with this, here’s some advice from Sam Luce:
If you want people to attend your meetings. Here is what you need to do.
1. Start on time end on time – value their time.
2. 30% Fellowship/Relationship
3. 60% Inspiration/Vision/Values
4. 10% Information – Give people information other ways – email, facebook, blogs.
5. Connect meetings to things they are already attending
6. Most leaders want to grow make your meeting about leadership growth not trivial facts.